Job no: 518560
Department: Strat Plan,Enroll,Mgmt,Innovat
Work type: Student Assistant - Federal Work Study
Location: Stanislaus - Turlock
Categories: Excluded, Temporary, Time Varies
- Two (2) temporary hourly-intermittent Work Study student positions available in Financial Aid.
- Position available on or after October 3, 2022 and ending on or before May 31, 2023. Possibility of reappointment based on budget, department needs, and job performance.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Enhance personal financial knowledge through training and individual research/study
- Assist and participate in Financial Wellness workshops.
- Assist in event planning and interdepartmental coordination for workshops and campus-wide events (and subsequent assessment)
- Teach financial wellness curriculum to students and groups around campus per request via one-on-one meetings, presentations, and workshops
- Manage tabling events during orientations and campus-wide events
- Contribute creative ideas and edit office social media pages, newsletters, and blogs
- Distribute and continually update marketing resources around campus
- Professionally interact with students and faculty on a daily basis
- Provides students with Loan Servicer information and other helpful agencies/programs.
- Assists in identifying areas of growth or improvement for the Financial Wellness Program.
- Aids in focus groups, data gathering, and research
- Assists in the assessment of the program
- Administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to: responding to calls and emails, scheduling appointments, and updating contact sheets and reports
- General clerical duties: data entry, filing, sending emails, making phone calls.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Applicant is expected to maintain confidentiality, promptness, attendance, and office etiquette.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a confidential setting.
- Professional and dependable with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Experience in Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with working in a student affairs office setting preferred.
- Ability to utilize office equipment (copy machine, fax, scanner, etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure and answer questions with accurate information.
- Ability to work independently with numerous interruptions.
- Dependable and able to follow-through on assignments.
- Undergraduate students must be registered/enrolled in a minimum of six (6) Fall/Spring units.
- Must have received and accepted Financial Aid award for the current semester/year in which you are applying.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/.
- To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed Stanislaus State online employment application, cover letter, and resumé. Applications are accepted electronically only. Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration. To apply online, please click the “Apply Now” button on this page.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
- Clery Act Disclosure
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the annual security report (ASR), is now available for viewing at https://www.csustan.edu/annual-campus-security-report. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Stanislaus State for the previous three years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the office of the Clery Director located at One University Circle, Turlock, CA 95382.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability PDF Form.
CSU Stanislaus hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend