Work Study Student Assistant
Job no: 518196
Department: Coll of Arts, Hum, Soc Science
Work type: Student Assistant - Federal Work Study
Location: Stanislaus - Turlock
Categories: Excluded, Temporary, Time Varies
- One (1) temporary hourly-intermittent Work Study position available in the College of the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- Position available on or after December 5, 2022 and ending on or before May 31, 2023. Possibility of reappointment based on budget, department needs, and job performance.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to respond accurately to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures.
- Pleasant, engaged demeanor
- Effective, personable communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, search engines, computer applications.
- Knowledge of campus (locations/offices/services/deadlines) or capacity to learn quickly.
- Prior office experience helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and personal distance when appropriate.
- Self-motivation to complete tasks in a timely, effective manner.
- Ability to ask questions when the need arises.
- Undergraduate students must be registered/enrolled in a minimum of six (6) Fall/Spring units.
- Post-baccalaureate students in a graduate program must be registered in a minimum of four (4) Fall/Spring units.
- Must have received and accepted Financial Aid award for the current semester/year in which you are applying.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/.
- To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed Stanislaus State online employment application, cover letter, and resumé. Applications are accepted electronically only. Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration. To apply online, please click the “Apply Now” button on this page.
- Clery Act Disclosure
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the annual security report (ASR), is now available for viewing at https://www.csustan.edu/annual-campus-security-report. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Stanislaus State for the previous three years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the office of the Clery Director located at One University Circle, Turlock, CA 95382.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability PDF Form.
CSU Stanislaus hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend